This is something that I've been mulling over for a while now but I'm officially putting it into effect to streamline Aubergine's development process.
There are some mechanics and features that I'd totally love to implement and put into Aubergine but frankly you need to draw a line somewhere or you'll never finish your game. However, Turbo HD Remixes are totally a thing; and you can do them to your own game (just look at Edmund McMillen!).
So, to save me some grief I've decided to create a feature list for what that deluxe edition of Aubergine might add. That might seem a little pre-emptive but I'm thinking of it more as a "THINGS I'M NOT PUTTING IN AUBERGINE, NO MATTER HOW COOL I THINK IT'D BE" list. I REALLY want to finish Aubergine so I'm trying to cut down my workload as much as possible.
Anyhow, here's what I hope to add one day:
- Multiple/Branching Paths (this is something I tried really hard to get working in the last build but to no avail; saving myself a headache and opting to forget about it for the time being)
- Hidden/Alt Bosses (tied into the multiple paths)
- Unlockable/Secret Characters (I have some ideas for them but by cutting them out I'm removing the amount of art, design and balancing work needed)
- Alt Colours (just a nice little bonus; definitely something to save til the end)
- Higher difficulty/Turbo mode (would have to effectively balance two games; let's save some time and just balance the one for now)
Design & Content Copyright ©2015- 2020 Alex Winrow.